The Scottish Government Public Appointments Team would like to invite you to their “Come on Board” event on Monday, 4th December in Edinburgh. The session will cover:
- The benefits of being on a public body board and the experiences of those on boards
- The appointment process for public sector boards and the support and help available
- The range of boards looking for people like you and upcoming vacancies
For those who wish a new challenge, are keen to share views and make a difference, or extend their network and enhance leadership skills, this event is for you.
You will hear from current Board Chairs and members about their experience and from the Scottish Government Public Appointments Team about the process. Speakers include Amanda Bryan, Board Chair of Crown Estate Scotland (Interim Management), George Walker, Board Chair of the Scottish Housing Regulator, Dr Kate Broughton, Board member of Scottish Natural Heritage and Dr Martin Toye, Board member of Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration.
All are welcome to come along and learn more – whether you already have a role, or have never considered a board position before: your skills and experience may be invaluable to a variety of organisations.
Attendees of previous events have said:
- “Very useful event and one that I would recommend to colleagues”
- “Great event, short and sharp”
- “Felt like a very positive atmosphere and everyone was very enthusiastic”
|Location||The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 2PR|
|Timing||Tea, coffee and mince pies from 1800; event starts at 1815 with speakers on until 1940; event closes at 2000|
|Date||Monday 4th December|
|Accessibility||The venue is wheelchair accessible and has an Induction loop. Should you require further assistance or you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com|
|How to register||Book your place via EventBrite or the Scottish Public Appointments Facebook page by Friday 1st December|